- Coaches Meeting: 8:30 am START Time
- Tournament START Time: 9 am
Region Championships tournaments are here. The format is very different than our regular power tournaments. The tournament will start the 1st match at 9 am and last most of the day. Lots of information follows. Please read it!!
Parents: There is no lunch break built into the tournament. Please bring food with you or send someone for food. Neither the coach nor the players should leave the site for food. Do not stop for lunch when moving to another site for bracket play. The bracket play will start when teams have arrived to start the tournament. Sites are in contact with each other to know when play has ended at each site. Penalties for being late to ref assignments or match play will be enforced. Several sites have snack bars open for business if food can't be brought with you.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY FOOD OR DRINKS INTO ANY GYM. ALL COOLERS ARE TO BE LEFT OUTSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY GYM. ONLY WATER IN CLOSED CONTAINERS FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES IS ALLOWED IN THE GYMS.
NO COOKING OR HEATING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED AT ANY OF OUR SITES AS WELL.
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON THE CAMPUSES OF ANY OF OUR SITES - NOT EVEN ON A SATURDAY OR SUNDAY FOR ADULTS ONLY. THE SCHOOLS ARE ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND DRUG FREE ZONES 24/7 - THIS IS A STATE LAW.
PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR TEAM CAMP AREA. PLEASE BAG YOUR TRASH AND TAKE IT WITH YOU. DO NOT LEAVE WRAPPERS AND FOOD BEHIND. THIS IS ALSO A GOOD WAY TO MAKE SURE NO OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS ARE LEFT BEHIND.
- Check-in should be completed at the tournament desk by 8:30 AM. A picture ID for each coach on the roster is required along with a medical release form for each player on the roster. A valid SportsEngine or AES roster is required to be signed and turned into the site director for use at the tournament. There is an 8 point penalty to the team's first match if the coach is not checked in 1/2 hour prior the tournament first match start time.
- Rosters are required to have correct jersey numbers. The rosters will be checked off by the site director at check in. Hand written rosters will not be allowed (write-ins of players and/or coaches are also not permitted), nor will team registration forms suffice.
Division Play -
The seeding is based on the finish of the last power tournament. There was no movement up or down after the last tournament. Teams stayed in the order of finish for seeding of the Region Championships. Teams are snake seeded into pools of 3-6 teams within their respective age divisions:
- 18s - 31 teams
- Seeds 1-18 will be snake seeded into 6 pools of 3 teams.
- First Place teams will go to the 6-Team GOLD bracket. Second Place teams will go to the 6-Team SILVER bracket. Third Place teams will go to the 6-Team BRONZE bracket.
- Seeds 19-31 will be snake seeded in to 5 pools of 3 teams.
- First place teams will go to 4-Team FLT 1 Bracket. Second Place Teams will go to the 4-Team FLT 2 Bracket. Third Place teams will go to 5-Team FLT 3 Bracket.
- 17s - 21 teams
- Pools A, B, and C will be 3 team pools.
- Pools D, E, and F will be 4 team pools.
- 1st Place teams will advance to a 6 team GOLD bracket.
- 2nd Place Teams will advance to a 6 team SILVER bracket.
- 3rd Place teams will advance to a 6 team BRONZE bracket.
- 4th place teams will advance to a 3 team Flt 1 bracket.
- 16s - 27 teams
- All 27 seeds will be snake seeded into 6 pools of 3 teams, and 2 pools of 4 teams.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place teams will have a cross over match to determine bracket placement. 4th Place teams will advance to the 7-Team FLT 3 Bracket.
- Winners of 1st place cross over matches will advance to the 4-Team GOLD Bracket.
- Losers of the 1st place cross over matches will advance to the 4-Team SILVER Bracket.
- Winners of the 2nd place cross over matches will advance to the 4-Team Bronze Bracket.
- Losers of the 2nd place cross over matches will advance to the 4-Team FLT 1 Bracket.
- Winners of the 3rd place cross over matches will advance to the 4-Team FLT 2 Bracket.
- Losers of the 3rd place cross over matches will advance to the 7-Team FLT 3 Bracket.
- 15s - 11 teams
- All 11 teams will be snake seeded into 1 pool of 3 teams, and 2 pools of 4 teams.
- 1st and 2nd place will advance into the 6-Team GOLD bracket.
- 3rd and 4th place will advance to the 5-Team SILVER Bracket.
- 14s - 19 teams
- All teams will be snake seeded in to 5 pools of 3 teams and 1 pool of 4 teams.
- 1st Place teams will advance to the 6-Team GOLD Bracket.
- 2nd Place teams will advance to the 6-Team SILVER Bracket.
- 3rd Place teams will have a cross over match.
- Winners will advance to 3-Team Bronze Bracket
- Losers will advance to the 4-Team FLT 1 Bracket.
- 4th Place teams will advance to the 4-Team FLT 1 Bracket.
- 3-team pools will play normal pool play
- 4-team pools will have modified pool play
- (1 v 4, 2 v 3, loser v loser, winner v winner)
- Awards - First place in the Gold Division will receive a Gold medal and a Championship t-shirt. Second place in the Gold Division will receive a silver medal. Third place in the Gold Division will receive a bronze medal.
BRACKET PLAY LOCATIONS:
- Site usage policy
- 18s - Legacy and Aspire VBC
- 17s - Legacy
- 16s - Greenway HS, Independence HS, ALA West
- 15s - Betty Fair Fax High School and ALA West
- 14s - Legacy
PURCHASE LEGACY TICKETS HERE