- COVID 19 restrictions - The health and safety of our participants is first and foremost in our minds as we set out on this season. There are restrictions that will be in place until such time as COVID is no longer in the pandemic stage. These restrictions are to preserve the health and safety of our participants as well as allow the facilities we use to remain open for business. Those violating any of the restrictions will be asked to leave the premises and not return.
- Each team is restricted to a maximum of 3 spectators. The spectators are designated for the entire day - they may not be switched out between matches. Active coaches and players on the roster and in attendance do not need a wristband, everyone else would be considered a spectator.
- The team camp areas should also be restricted in size to provide social distancing and allow for the players and coaches to be present in the team camp.
- Everyone that comes into the gym is to be masked at all times. This includes the players actively playing on the court.
- Coaches will be required to record the temperature of each person on the roster that is present that day and turn in at check in.
- Spectators will be required to have their temperature taken and name and contact info taken for contract tracing purposes. The names of the spectators for the day will be written on the roster and checked at the door.
- Reminder: Coaches, you are responsible for bringing your own team medical kit consisting of medical supplies and ice packs. Sites are not responsible for providing these amenities. They can only call 911 in the event a medical emergency occurs.
- Any teams traveling to out of state qualifiers - A coach or other rostered certified adult is required to ref as an R2 for every match when assigned as the work team at National Qualifier tournaments. It is strongly recommended (although not required) that a rostered adult R2 at least one match at every AZ Region tournament to remain proficient for qualifiers.
- PLEASE!!! Let the Arizona Region Office know if you will not be at the tournament PRIOR to Saturday. There is a $100 fine for teams that "no-show". The point is that it creates a big problem if there is a team that does not show.
- Coaches - please have your teams on site and ready to play at the start time even if they are to referee first round. A "no show" at start time will change the division format immediately. Everyone needs to be ready to play.
- Purple Card policy will be in effect.
- Coaches you must be available during ref assignments to help with scorekeeping and officiating. You are also responsible for your parent's behavior and "team camp" area clean up.
- Let us be reminded that facilities are one of the most difficult parts of putting together a successful season. To that end, we MUST treat them with the utmost respect. That means keep your coffee, food and coolers outside, NO COOKING OF ANY KIND (includes crockpots, hotplates, sterno heated chafing dishes, barbeques, anything that produces heat, etc) on the premises, pick up all the trash around your bench area and your "camp" area, NO ALCOHOL on site, and park in designated parking spaces only. Please leave your televisions at home. Treat all facility personnel as if they have the authority to ask you to move your stuff because they do. Thanks for your help in making this a very successful season.
- Food and beverages in the gym policy enforcement-
Any participant and/or spectator found with food/beverages (except for water in closed containers) in the gym will incur a 13 point penalty for their team in their next match. A report will be filed with the Region Office. Further violations by the same team will result in a $200 fine for each occurrence. The fine must be paid before the team will be allowed to continue participating.
- Pack it in/Pack it out policy-
Due to the amount of trash accumulated and left at tournament locations, the Region has enacted a pack it in/pack it out policy. Whatever is brought to a tournament should be packed up and taken home to recycle, reuse, or dispose of at their own residence. Site directors are spending more and more time cleaning up, facilities are spending more money for additional trash pickup following our events. This policy will help to reduce waste and trash at AZ Region events. In this day and age of "green", let's all do our part!
Trash and failure to follow facility rules are THE major sources of reluctance of athletic directors to let us use gyms. We need to do a much better job keeping food and drink (including coffee and coolers) out of the gym and taking our trash home!
( ) around a team name indicates that we know that team is not playing in this tournament.