USA Volleyball hosts the Girls Junior National Championships
June 26 - July 5, 2021 in Las Vegas, NV
April 23-25, 2021 in Columbus, OH
A Team can earn a Bid to the GJNCs by finishing in a Bid award position at a National Qualifier, through the At-Large Bid process, through a Region Bid process, or through the Region reallocation process
2021 18U Girls Junior National Championships will be held in Columbus, OH - Apr 23-25, 2021.
The 2021 Pre-Tournament Manual will be posted on the USAV Website under Girls' 18 JNC in January. Aside from the Pre-Tournament Manual you can find the following documents there as well:
2021 Girls Junior National Championships for teams 11-17 will be held in Las Vegas, NV - June 26 - July 5, 2021.
The 2021 Pre-Tournament Manual will be posted on the USAV Website under 2021 GJNC in January. Aside from the Pre-Tournament Manual you can find the following documents there as well:
Please take a look at the info about the Girls Junior National Championships from commonly asked questions and a survey done at the end of the 2011 JNC. This handout was published by USA Volleyball.
You may click on division tabs and age bracket tabs to see a variety of Arizona teams qualified to compete in the USAV Girls Junior National Championships.
GJNC DIVISIONS OF PLAY - OPEN, NATIONAL, USA, AMERICAN & PATRIOT
There are five (5) major divisions of play at GJNCs – Open Division, National Division, USA Division, American Division, and the Patriot Division.
The goal of the GJNCs Open Division is to identify, through competition, the best Team in each GJNCs age group from among Teams (see chart below) that have earned Bids. The NQ Open Divisions are designed to select those Teams.
• To participate in an Open Division at the GJNCs, a Team must earn a Bid by finishing in a bid position in the Open Division at one of the National Qualifiers (NQs) or being selected for an At-Large Bid after competing in an NQ Open Division (see Open At-Large Bids).
The goal of the GJNCs National, USA and American Divisions is to showcase Region Teams and provide the opportunity for more Teams to participate at the GJNCs.
• Teams have the following avenues to receive a Bid for a GJNCs Open, National, USA or American Division:
* Earn a Bid at a NQ (Open, USA and American);
* Awarded an at–large Bid (Open and USA);
* Earn a Bid through their Region’s Bid process - the AZ NCQ tournament (National and American) ; or
* Reallocation bid - Receive a trickle down Bid through their Region (National, USA, and American). This bid can come as a result of a team that finished above them in the AZ NCQ finishing in a higher division at a NQ or as a result of another Region turning back a bid and USAV awarding it to the AZ Region to fill.
The goal of the GJNCs Patriot Division is to allow opportunity for Teams to participate at the GJNCs without the qualification process.
• Teams must follow the established entry process to participate in this division
How Did They Qualify for Junior National Championships?
Open Division teams must take 1st, 2nd or 3rd at the National Qualifier in the Open Division or be in a trickle down position in the event any of the 1st - 3rd places have already qualified at a previous National Qualifier Tournament to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the Open Division. They may also receive an At-Large bid from USAV if they did well at the National Qualifiers in the Open Division but just missed out and have a good record against the accepted field of the Open Division. The number of bids offered at a National Qualifier is dependent on the number of teams entered in the event.
National Division teams must take 1st at the Arizona Region National Qualifer to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the National Division. They may also receive a reallocation bid as USAV fills bids turned back by other Regions or as teams double qualify.
USA Division teams must take 1st - 3rd (dependig on the size of the field) at a Junior National Qualifier in the USA Division to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the USA Division. They may also receive a bid at the AZ Region National Qualifier by finishing 2nd to a team already qualified for the USA Division. The team would take the USA Bid vacated by the already qualified team who would take the AZ Region National Division bid.
American Division teams must take 2nd at the Arizona Region National Qualifer or take 1st at a National Qualifier Tournament in the American Division to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the American Division. They may also receive a reallocation bid as USAV fills bids turned back by other Regions or as teams double qualify.