MORE TOURNEYS - MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO COMPETE
USA Volleyball hosts the 2023 Girls Junior National Championships
April 28-30, 2023 in Columbus, Ohio
June 14-17, 2023 in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Article: "More Tourneys Mean more Opportunities for Girls Jr. Nationals"
June 28 - July 6, 2023 in Chicago, Illinois
Article: "Looking Ahead: Chicago to host 2023 Girls Jr Nationals for 14-17"
HOW TO EARN A BID TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
A Team can receive a Bid to the GJNCs by finishing in a Bid award position at a Jr National Qualifier, through the At-Large Bid process, through a Region Qualifying event, or through the Region bid reallocation process
GJNC DIVISIONS OF PLAY - OPEN, NATIONAL, USA, LIBERTY, AMERICAN, FREEDOM & PATRIOT
There are seven (7) major divisions of play at GJNCs – Open Division, National Division, Liberty Division, USA Division, American Division, Freedom Division and the Patriot Division.
The goal of the GJNCs Open Division is to identify, through competition, the best Team in each GJNCs age group from among Teams (see chart below) that have earned Bids. The NQ Open Divisions are designed to select those Teams.
• To participate in an Open Division at the GJNCs, a Team must earn a Bid by finishing in a bid position in the Open Division at one of the National Qualifiers (NQs) or being selected for an At-Large Bid after competing in an NQ Open Division (see Open At-Large Bids).
The goal of the GJNCs National, USA, Liberty, American and Freedom Divisions is to showcase Region Teams and provide the opportunity for more Teams to participate at the GJNCs.
• Teams have the following avenues to receive a Bid for a GJNCs Open, National, USA, Liberty, American and Freedom Divisions:
* Earn a Bid at a NQ (Open, USA, Liberty and American);
* Awarded an at–large Bid (Open, USA, Liberty);
* Earn a Bid through their Region’s Bid process - the AZ NCQ tournament (National, American and Freedom); or
* Reallocation bid - another Region turns back a bid to be awarded at the Region level. USAV awards the bid in a pre-determined order to a Region. The pre-determined order is based on the number of girls registered the previous season in specific age groups.
* Trickle down - Receive a trickle down Bid through their Region. This bid can come as a result of a team that finished above them in the AZ NCQ finishing in a higher division at a NQ or as a result of another Region turning back a bid and USAV awarding it to the AZ Region to fill.
The goal of the GJNCs Patriot Division is to allow opportunity for Teams to participate at the GJNCs without the qualification process.
• Teams must follow the established entry process to participate in this division
How Did They Qualify for Junior National Championships?
Open Division teams must take 1st, 2nd or 3rd at the National Qualifier in the Open Division or be in a trickle down position in the event any of the 1st - 3rd places have already qualified at a previous National Qualifier Tournament to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the Open Division. They may also receive an At-Large bid from USAV if they did well at the National Qualifiers in the Open Division but just missed out and have a good record against the accepted field of the Open Division. The number of bids offered at a National Qualifier is dependent on the number of teams entered in the event.
National Division teams must take 1st at the Arizona Region National Qualifier to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the National Division. They may also receive a reallocation bid as USAV fills bids turned back by other Regions or as teams double qualify.
USA Division teams must take 1st - 3rd (depending on the size of the field) at a Junior National Qualifier in the USA Division to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the USA Division. They may also receive a bid at the AZ Region National Qualifier by finishing 2nd to a team already qualified for the USA Division. The team would take the USA Bid vacated by the already qualified team who would take the AZ Region National Division bid.
Liberty Division teams must take 1st place in the Liberty Division at a NQ. They may also receive a bid at the AZ Region National Qualifier by finishing next in line to a team already qualified for the Liberty Division. The team would take the Liberty Bid vacated by the already qualified team who would take the AZ Region highest bid being vacated.
American Division teams must take 2nd at the Arizona Region National Qualifier or take 1st at a National Qualifier Tournament in the American Division to go to the Jr Girls National Championships in the American Division. They may also receive a reallocation bid as USAV fills bids turned back by other Regions or as teams double qualify.
Freedom Division teams must take 3rd at the Arizona Region National Qualifier. They may also receive a reallocation bid as USAV fills bids turned back by other Regions.