AZHP 2013 Indoor and Beach
Boys and Girls Region Indoor HP Tryouts
Site change - 5/16/13 - The AZ Region will be holding tryouts for our AZ Region boys Sat, May 18th at Kingdom Courts 11410 N. 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029 - from 10am - 1 pm. Check in will start at 9 am. This is a change for the boys.
Girls tryouts will be held Sat, May 18th at Grand Canyon University - 3300 W. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85017 from 5pm - 8pm.
Cost is $50.
To sign up for tryouts please log into Webpoint. Select Event Registrations on the left side menu, Select HP Tryouts/Clinics, Select the appropriate gender tryouts. Webpoint Login page for existing members. Online registration will remain open until Friday, May 17th at 5 pm. Walk up registration will be permitted.
You must be a member of USAV to play on the AZ Region HP teams. If you have never been a member please register as member with this link and then also sign up for the tryouts. Webpoint login page for brand new members
The AZ Region will be fielding teams as follows:
Boys Born in 1995 & 1996
|Girls Youth International
||Girls Born in 1996 & 1997
|Boys Select National
||Boys Born in 1997 & 1998
||Girls Born in 1998 & 1999
The teams wil train July 15th - 20th. They will then travel to Ft. Lauderdale, FL on July 22nd and return on July 28th. The teams will participate in the HP Championships Tourament.
For more information contact Ron Pelham at AZHP@azregionvolleyball.org
2013 AZHP Beach
The AZ Region is in the process of developing a Beach HP Program that will select teams to participate in the USAV Beach HP Championships July 25 - 27.
We will wait until USAV has selected the USAV Beach HP athletes from the tryouts held here in March and across the country before selecting our teams. The intent is to take 6 teams and 2 coaches to the Beach HP Championships in Hermosa Beach, CA. The proposed teams are Boys U17 & U19, Girls U13, U15, U17 & U19.
Interested coaches and players should contact Ron Pelham at email@example.com
What is HIGH PERFORMANCE?
USA Volleyball is the National Governing Body for the sport of volleyball in the United States. The national organization runs and manages the USA National Men's and Women's Volleyball Teams, the USA Olympic Teams, and also USA Youth and Junior National Teams for each gender. The Youth and Junior National Teams, along with a number of tiered training programs, fall under the High Performance (HP) Department.The national HP Department works to advance volleyball talent and build a broader and stronger pipeline of athletes and coaches for our USA Olympic Teams. The HP Program at USA Volleyball is the "pipeline" for young volleyball athletes who aspire to reach the elite level of their sport and who dream to one day represent the USA on the National Men's or Women's Volleyball Team.HP provides many team and camp opportunities for young volleyball athletes in three designated age groups for each gender. These age groups are determined by an athlete's year of birth (using international criteria) and begin approximately when they are 13 or 14 years old, continuing for six seasons, often into their collegiate years.
The mission of the USAV High Performance Program is to build a national pipeline of junior volleyball athletes and coaches, creating broad opportunities for advancing the level of play, competition and skill development throughout the sport.
What is the Goal of HIGH PERFORMANCE?
- To bring young volleyball athletes together in challenging and rewarding training environments To provide them the opportunity to learn and develop with the best coaches in the USA Coaches' Pipeline and to compete at the elite and international levelsTo grow the number of opportunities available to volleyball athletes, the number of high-level matches that they are able play and the amount of time they are able to trainTo participate High Performance teams in all FIVB or related international events possible
- To consistently prepare a broad pool of qualified and experienced athletes available to compete for spots on the USA Men’s and Women’s National Teams
What is happening in the Arizona Region with HIGH PERFORMANCE?The Arizona Region is working with directly with USA Volleyball to provide the best possible opportunities for all members in our region. We are doing this in the following ways.
- The Arizona Region is working with directly with USA Volleyball to provide the best possible opportunities for all members in our region. We are doing this in the following ways.
- The Region hosted national USA Volleyball High Performance tryouts. There are separate tryouts for the girls and boys. The national tryouts in Arizona have already passed.
- The Arizona Region is forming HP teams to compete in the High Performance Championships in Ft Lauderdale, FL. The Arizona Region will sponsor two girls’ teams (Youth and Select) and two boys’ teams.
What is the advantage of attending the Arizona Region Tryout? The Arizona Region tryout is exactly the same at the other tryouts held at national qualifiers all around the country. Attending the Region hosted tryout is for the Arizona Region team selection only. It also means that athletes can play HIGH PERFORMANCE even though they may not participate in national qualifiers with their club team. If an athlete does not tryout in Arizona, they will not be eligible for the AZHP teams formed with athletes that do not make USA rosters.
General Questions About High Performance
1. What is the time commitment?
The Arizona High Performance (AZHP) teams will begin training the week of July 15th-20th in the Phoenix metro area. The team will be training approximately 2 times per day during that time. The training is to prepare the team to compete in the High Performance Championships in Ft Lauderdale, FL in late July 2013.
2. What is the cost of participating on the AZHP team?
The cost of participation on the team is $850.00. This fee covers the cost for training, hotel stay and travel to and from Ft Lauderdale. The fees will be broken into 2 payments if needed. 1st payment of $425 is due no later than June 1 and balance will be due no later than July 1. Group flights will be booked as soon as all rosters are confirmed for Arizona Region High Performance teams (girls and boys). The commitment is basically from July 15th – July 28th. Any food costs will be the responsibility of the athlete.
3. How do you make the team?
The tryout is for those athletes that are available to commit to the time frame and fall in the respective gender and birthdate categories for the teams being offered.
4. How many athletes are chosen for the teams?
The AZ Region will choose between 10-12 athletes per team that is formed.
5. When are teams announced?
The Arizona Region HP Director and coaches will announce the teams within 10 days of the tryouts.
If you have any other questions, please email Ron Pelham, AZHP Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org